POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : tau Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:07:10 EDT (-0400)
  tau (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: tau
Date: 13 Sep 2018 18:35:01
Message: <web.5b9ae5d1f030c6cb458c7afe0@news.povray.org>
I've been hopping between 3.7, and other later versions.

What is the best (most robust and reliable) way to determine if tau is defined,
and if not, set it's value?

I start off with #version version;

then:

#if (version < 3.8)
 #ifndef (tau)
    #declare tau = 2*pi;
    #end
#end

#if (version < 3.8)
 #ifndef (tau)
    #declare tau = 2*pi;
    #end
#end

I get:

Parse Warning: Tried to test whether a reserved keyword is defined. Test result
may not be what you expect.
Parse Error: Expected 'undeclared identifier', float function 'tau' found
instead

Post a reply to this message