POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Dirty water and flouresence Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:46:12 EDT (-0400)
  Dirty water and flouresence (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Iodine
Subject: Dirty water and flouresence
Date: 27 Jul 2018 12:05:01
Message: <web.5b5b4207d8fa8f922d17ef5e0@news.povray.org>
I would like to ask if anyone has ever considered how to make a texture for a
droplet of dirty water.

If we consider for a moment a glass or a water, then it will have a refractive
index, also the medium will have an ability to adsorb light. The adsorption of
light can be expressed with ease in real life using the equation

Log (I / I0) = A = El

Where I is the intensity of light leaving the object on a given path, Io was the
light which would be leaving the object on that path if no adsroption was to
occur. While E is a constant while l is the length of the path through the
object.

I would like to also have water which is cloudy and to assume that a photon of
light for each unit of distance it travels forwards in the medium has a
probaility that it changes direction randomly. I think that this would allow me
to simulate milky water.

Finally I would like the option of being able to make the water flouresent, I
reason that if a photon of light passes through a given distance in the medium
then it should have a given probability of both changing colour and direction.

Post a reply to this message