POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : LDD POV-RAY missing parts Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:11:35 EDT (-0400)
  LDD POV-RAY missing parts (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: LDD POV-RAY missing parts
Date: 22 Jun 2018 08:52:23
Message: <5b2cf107$1@news.povray.org>
Am 22.06.2018 um 14:36 schrieb Elwood:
>> Am 22.06.2018 um 13:32 schrieb Elwood:
>>> Thanks. Yeh, I've been reading all of these pages, and it tells me why something
>>> has happened but not how to rectify it. I cannot understand why it now won't
>>> render any of my LDD models - yesterday it was just the one model with the
>>> problems now it's completely knacked.
>>
>> You'll have to start POV-Ray, from the `Tools` menu choose `Edit master
>> POVRAY.INI`, and in that file, add the line:
>>
>>     Library_Path="\\.\LDDIncludes"
>>
>> or
>>
>>     Library_Path="//./LDDIncludes"
>>
>> (either one should work)
>
> Right - now getting an error window saying "Unable to generate necessary
> includes. Root element is missing".

That would be a message from the LDD to POV-Ray Converter. I'm not
familiar enough with the tool to help you out there.

My wild guess would be that the converter can't find the LDD installation.

Post a reply to this message

>>> Thanks. Yeh, I've been reading all of these pages, and it tells me why something
>>> has happened but not how to rectify it. I cannot understand why it now won't
>>> render any of my LDD models - yesterday it was just the one model with the
>>> problems now it's completely knacked.
>>
>> You'll have to start POV-Ray, from the `Tools` menu choose `Edit master
>> POVRAY.INI`, and in that file, add the line:
>>
>>      Library_Path="\\.\LDDIncludes"
>>
>> or
>>
>>      Library_Path="//./LDDIncludes"
>>
>> (either one should work)

The only time I ever use \\ is for Windows pseudo-devices or device drivers.
That's too deep for me to trust //.  I've not seen anyone else use // .
(Although it appears to be working because he got past the
ldd_default_colors.inc problem)

> Right - now getting an error window saying "Unable to generate necessary
> includes. Root element is missing".

That sounds like an upstream problem.  That message is not in POV-Ray.

> If I check the 'don't generate includes' it goes back to the parsing error
> "cannot find file 'ldd_colors_declarations.bin'"

Are you mixing 32 bits driver with 64 bit POV-Ray?

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)

Post a reply to this message