POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photo Gallery of Textures Server Time
28 Mar 2024 09:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Photo Gallery of Textures (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Guaack
Subject: Photo Gallery of Textures
Date: 19 Jun 2018 18:15:00
Message: <web.5b29804d7fb45295e688a9060@news.povray.org>
Hallo,

there are a lot of textures delivered with POVRAY or from other sources.

It would be nice to have a tool to make examples (png-files or other file-type)
of all textures in a typical include-file (Woods.inc, stones.inc....). The
Filename of the output could be the name of the texture + ext.

Does anybody know such a tool?

Thanks
GuaAck

Post a reply to this message

> there are a lot of textures delivered with POVRAY or from other sources.
> It would be nice to have a tool to make examples (png-files or other file-type)
> of all textures in a typical include-file (Woods.inc, stones.inc....). The
> Filename of the output could be the name of the texture + ext.
> Does anybody know such a tool?

if you've an *NIX like os, have a look in the
'/usr/local/share/povray-3.x/scripts/' directory.  the 'portfolio.sh' script
will do what you're after, I think.  also 'allscenes.sh' perhaps.

if that is not an option, I could zip the ~24M or so of images and post a link.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

In this case, JR, if you have all of them as images (which is a very
cool thing), I would think it might be a better idea for all others, if
you could make these images public somewhere on the POV-Ray website. In
fact, our POV-Ray webmaster could and should do that. This way,
everybody can see all the textures.

---
http://www.avg.com

Post a reply to this message

> there are a lot of textures delivered with POVRAY or from other sources.
>
> It would be nice to have a tool to make examples (png-files or other file-type)
> of all textures in a typical include-file (Woods.inc, stones.inc....). The
> Filename of the output could be the name of the texture + ext.
>
> Does anybody know such a tool?
>
> Thanks
> GuaAck

Under Windows, the sample files for rendering those are in :

%currentUser%\Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\scenes\portfolio
Render the *.ini files.

There are some more to be found in :
%currentUser%\Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\scenes\textures

And, there are some small pre-rendered examples in :
%currentUser%\Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\scenes\previews

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> > there are a lot of textures delivered with POVRAY or from other sources.
> >
> > It would be nice to have a tool to make examples (png-files or other file-type)
> > of all textures in a typical include-file (Woods.inc, stones.inc....). The
> > Filename of the output could be the name of the texture + ext.
> >
> > Does anybody know such a tool?
> >
> > Thanks
> > GuaAck
> >

> Under Windows, the sample files for rendering those are in :
>
> %currentUser%\Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\scenes\portfolio
> Render the *.ini files.
>
> There are some more to be found in :
> %currentUser%\Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\scenes\textures
>
> And, there are some small pre-rendered examples in :
> %currentUser%\Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\scenes\previews
>

> Alain

Many thanks to all,

I will try it the next days.

GuaAck