POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : no_image behaviour Server Time
19 Apr 2024 22:10:07 EDT (-0400)
  no_image behaviour (Message 11 to 20 of 34)
From: jr
Subject: Re: no_image behaviour
Date: 17 Jun 2018 16:15:00
Message: <web.5b26c0386d52b562635cc5ad0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Am 17.06.2018 um 19:59 schrieb jr:
> > what does "primary" and "secondary" rays mean, in the context?  that is, in a
> > scene with only emissive media objects and zero light_source(s).
>
> Primary rays are rays traced (backward) from the camera into the scene.
> Seconary rays are rays traced (backward) from any "point of interest"

thank you for enumerating.  on first reading my idea is a no go.  :-(
will need time to re-read and try to understand the consequences.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 17 Jun 2018 19:46:15
Message: <5b26f2c7$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.06.2018 um 22:10 schrieb jr:
> hi,

>> Am 17.06.2018 um 19:59 schrieb jr:
>>> what does "primary" and "secondary" rays mean, in the context?  that is, in a
>>> scene with only emissive media objects and zero light_source(s).
>>
>> Primary rays are rays traced (backward) from the camera into the scene.
>> Seconary rays are rays traced (backward) from any "point of interest"
>
> thank you for enumerating.  on first reading my idea is a no go.  :-(
> will need time to re-read and try to understand the consequences.

Whatever you're trying to accomplish; maybe if you let us know we might
be able to bounce some ideas ;)

Post a reply to this message