POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Boy's surface Server Time
29 Mar 2024 06:39:49 EDT (-0400)
  Boy's surface (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Boy's surface
Date: 9 Jun 2018 07:25:00
Message: <web.5b1bb8bbb1f83992458c7afe0@news.povray.org>
(Not to be confused with Boys anti-tank rifle)

I was just clicking along on the internet and came across this interesting piece
of work.   I thought it was an interesting tutorial on the mechanics of CSG and
the details that go into designing and constructing something, as well as being
great for comparing this method to what's needed to generate parametrics and
isosurfaces.

https://www.math.univ-toulouse.fr/~cheritat/boy-surface/index.html

Post a reply to this message

> (Not to be confused with Boys anti-tank rifle)
>

> I was just clicking along on the internet and came across this interesting piece
> of work.   I thought it was an interesting tutorial on the mechanics of CSG and
> the details that go into designing and constructing something, as well as being
> great for comparing this method to what's needed to generate parametrics and
> isosurfaces.
>
> https://www.math.univ-toulouse.fr/~cheritat/boy-surface/index.html

Brilliant! Thanks indeed.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> I was just clicking along on the internet and came across this interesting piece of
work. ...
> https://www.math.univ-toulouse.fr/~cheritat/boy-surface/index.html

fascinating shape.  posted a rotating version in media, in p.b.animations.

regards, jr.