POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : text on superellipsoid Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:29:02 EDT (-0400)
  text on superellipsoid (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Kima
Subject: text on superellipsoid
Date: 28 May 2018 10:30:00
Message: <web.5b0c117642f2269f3ce674f0@news.povray.org>
Sorry for too many questions. I am practising different possibilities of
POV-Ray, and text is very handy when combined with other objects.

I assume superellipsoid is similar to box in nature. Therefore, this code should
work

difference {

superellipsoid{ <1.00,0.25>
  texture{ pigment{ color rgb<0.65,1,0.1>}
           finish { phong 1}
         }
}

text{ ttf "timrom.ttf", "text",0.3, 0
      texture{ pigment{ color rgb<1,0.9,0.5>}
               finish { phong 1 reflection 0.1}}
}
}

The render completes with no error and superellipsoid is drawn but not the text.

Post a reply to this message