POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : text on plane Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:09:33 EDT (-0400)
  text on plane (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Kima
Subject: text on plane
Date: 28 May 2018 08:25:01
Message: <web.5b0bf4232e05057b3ce674f0@news.povray.org>
I tried to write on a plane with the code

#declare text1 =
    text {
    ttf "timrom.ttf" "POV-RAY 3.0" 1, 0
    pigment { Red }
  }

plane{<0,-10,-2>,4
    texture{
        pigment{
            object{text1}
        }
    }
}

but it does not give the result I want.

1. The text does not appear (probably appears somewhere, which is not visible).
2. I cannot apply color to the pigment of the plane.

What is the correct way to put a sex on a plane?

Post a reply to this message

Boy, are we gonna have fun with THIS one.

:D

Post a reply to this message

> Boy, are we gonna have fun with THIS one.
>
> :D

Where is the fun part? ;)
My stupidity? :p

Post a reply to this message

> I tried to write on a plane with the code
>
> #declare text1 =
>      text {
>      ttf "timrom.ttf" "POV-RAY 3.0" 1, 0
>      pigment { Red }
>    }
>

> plane{<0,-10,-2>,4
>      texture{
>          pigment{
>              object{text1}
>          }
>      }
> }
>
> but it does not give the result I want.
>
> 1. The text does not appear (probably appears somewhere, which is not visible).
> 2. I cannot apply color to the pigment of the plane.
>
> What is the correct way to put a sex on a plane?

Other than your typo on the last line.

The text object needs to be called separately and it cannot be used as a
texture. So you need the plane and text1.
You might want to think of using an image map with writing on it for the
plane although a thin box might give better results as in PovRay planes
stretch to infinity.
The text object is a 3D object and has depth as well as height and width.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> Boy, are we gonna have fun with THIS one.
>>
>> :D
>
> Where is the fun part? ;)
> My stupidity? :p
>

> What is the correct way to put a *sex* on a plane?

;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen