POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : text on plane Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:56:49 EDT (-0400)
  text on plane (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: text on plane
Date: 28 May 2018 14:28:01
Message: <5b0c4a31$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/05/2018 19:07, clipka wrote:
> Am 28.05.2018 um 20:01 schrieb Stephen:
>
>> I think we all pretend that we don't look at those sort of pages.
>> So bad show old chap.
>
> Two rules to follow please:
>
> (1) If posting such HTML addresses for fun, please make sure they DO NOT
> actually work.
>
> (2) If replying to such HTML addresses that DO work, absolutely
> positively DO NOT QUOTE them.
>
> Now I have to nuke two messages instead of just one.

Aw! dinkums the link did not work for me.

Rule *1* do it in OT.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 28 May 2018 15:33:12
Message: <5b0c5978$1@news.povray.org>
Le 18-05-28 à 08:20, Kima a écrit :
> I tried to write on a plane with the code
>
> #declare text1 =
>      text {
>      ttf "timrom.ttf" "POV-RAY 3.0" 1, 0
>      pigment { Red }
>    }
>

> plane{<0,-10,-2>,4
>      texture{
>          pigment{
>              object{text1}
>          }
>      }
> }
>
> but it does not give the result I want.
>
> 1. The text does not appear (probably appears somewhere, which is not visible).
Your text is declared, but never used. It don't appears anywhere as it
don't exist at all in the scene.

> 2. I cannot apply color to the pigment of the plane.
>
> What is the correct way to put a sex on a plane?

You can use the object pigment. This is a block pattern that take an
object and two pigments/patterns.
Used like this, the texture, if any, of the object is meaningless.

pigment {
   object {
     text1
     color White // outside of the text
     color Red // inside of text, or colour of the letters
     }
   }

You need to properly rotate and translate your text object. It start at
<0,0,0> and successive letters go to the right and above the X axis. The
thickness goes toward +Z.
It may be easier to start with :

plane{-z,0
  pigment {
   object {
     text1
     color White // outside of the text
     color Red // inside of text, or colour of the letters
     }
   translate -0.1*z
  //Make the front of the text go in front of the plane
  // otherwise, you may get coincident surface like artefacts
   }
  rotate Your_Rotation
}

Another way would be to place your object on the plane :
union{
  plane{-z,0 }
  object{text1 translate -0.0001*z}
  pigment{rgb 1}
}

Post a reply to this message

From: dick balaska
Date: 29 May 2018 18:24:33
Message: <5b0dd321$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/28/2018 09:03 AM, Bald Eagle wrote:
>  so the text doesn't look like Star Wars
> or Dick Balaska's epic 30-year movie intro.

Hey...

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)