POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Perlin noise algorithm Server Time
19 Apr 2024 10:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Perlin noise algorithm (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Perlin noise algorithm
Date: 26 Apr 2018 13:15:01
Message: <web.5ae208d12381909bc437ac910@news.povray.org>
So, I was just looking around at some pattern functions, and having played with
some Perlin noise in the recent past, thought that I'd read up on it a bit more
- specifically it's exact implementation in code.

Does POV-Ray currently use original or improved noise?

http://flafla2.github.io/2014/08/09/perlinnoise.html

Also, I came across this which touts a doubling of speed:
Perhaps someone can test this out and see if POV-Ray can benefit from this.

http://riven8192.blogspot.com/2010/08/calculate-perlinnoise-twice-as-fast.html

Post a reply to this message