POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Even spacing of points Server Time
18 Apr 2024 12:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Even spacing of points (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Even spacing of points
Date: 31 Mar 2018 09:05:01
Message: <web.5abf86873a02ff5cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
I was searching for fractal patterns for Kenneth's digital camo project, when I
came across this video.

Dan is on one hand great - he starts from square one and leads you through
implementing what at first glance seems a difficult task.

On the other hand - the stream-of-consciousness with ADHD at its highest
turbulence setting can be painful, and sometimes whatever he's doing and however
he's doing it makes me wonder HOW this guy is a computer science professor...

But he's doing it on-the-fly for an audience, with a time constraint, and I
usually learn a lot.

Aaaaaanyway, this looked like a great addition to the discussion on
non-overlapping stacking of stones - and he mentions later in the video about
how a future video might start with large objects and then get progressively
smaller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flQgnCUxHlw

I generally find his code easily adaptable to SDL.  mostly.

Post a reply to this message

> On the other hand - the stream-of-consciousness with ADHD at its highest
> turbulence setting can be painful, and sometimes whatever he's doing and however
> he's doing it makes me wonder HOW this guy is a computer science professor...

He looks and sounds as if he is on the Colombian marching powder.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message