POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mysterious 'infinite object' message Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  mysterious 'infinite object' message (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Kenneth
Subject: mysterious 'infinite object' message
Date: 18 Mar 2018 20:10:01
Message: <web.5aaeff62565a1289a47873e10@news.povray.org>
I happened to be looking at the message pane, after rendering a typical scene
that includes only a single infinite object in it (a plane). Surprisingly, the
messages said '3 infinite objects' are in the scene. Trying to eliminate
possible causes, I came to this extremely simple result:

// the entire test scene(!)---
#version 3.71; // beta 9
global_settings{assumed_gamma 1.0}
sphere{0,1 scale 1358}
-----

At this scale (and larger), the message pane reports an infinite object! At
scale 1357, NO infinite object.

My first thought was, it must be an auto-bounding problem when using a
particular Bounding_Threshold. But no luck; that doesn't change it.

Yes indeed, very mysterious. Maybe the POV-Ray 'universe' shrunk down in size
while I wasn't looking :-P

Post a reply to this message