POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : can i use the renders made with povray commercial in game engines Server Time
18 Apr 2024 10:46:46 EDT (-0400)
  can i use the renders made with povray commercial in game engines (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: lhf45
Subject: can i use the renders made with povray commercial in game engines
Date: 19 Jan 2018 10:10:01
Message: <web.5a62098abb8f7bc7eee8eda60@news.povray.org>
my question can i use the renders made with povray commercial in game engines
for building 2d games

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 19 Jan 2018 11:50:09
Message: <5a6221c1$1@news.povray.org>
Am 19.01.2018 um 16:06 schrieb lhf45:
> my question can i use the renders made with povray commercial in game engines
> for building 2d games

Presuming you wrote the scene files yourself - yes, absolutely.
POV-Ray's licensing terms and conditions /per se/ do not impose any
limitations on what you can do with the program's output.

Note however that as soon as you make use of any SDL code written by
somebody else, you have to respect the rights of whoever wrote that code
and/or owns the copyright.

Post a reply to this message

> > my question can i use the renders made with povray commercial in game engines
> > for building 2d games
>
> Presuming you wrote the scene files yourself - yes, absolutely.
> POV-Ray's licensing terms and conditions /per se/ do not impose any
> limitations on what you can do with the program's output.
>
> Note however that as soon as you make use of any SDL code written by
> somebody else, you have to respect the rights of whoever wrote that code
> and/or owns the copyright.

  yes i export with ultimate unwrap to povray
  and i use povray right out the box
  Thanks for the awnser now i can make some nice renders for my 2d game