POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Standalone editor & parser? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 19:49:51 EDT (-0400)
  Standalone editor & parser? (Message 3 to 12 of 12)
From: Alain
Subject: Re: Standalone editor & parser?
Date: 21 Oct 2017 12:06:41
Message: <59eb7091$1@news.povray.org>
Le 17-10-20 à 15:12, Bald Eagle a écrit :
> Is there a way to be able to use only the parser (and the editor)?
>
> Just thinking it might be handy to have a stripped-down portable SDL language
> environment that doesn't require a registry-based installation.
> Something that could be run off a USB stick...
>
> Is that possible - and 'straightforward'?

As for the editor, any text editor that save as simple ASCII will do.

As for the parser, it would need to save the parsed scene to be of any
use. Then, you'd need to pass that to the renderer part.

As for running from an USB stick, you can always use the Linux, command
line version. Useable under Windows by enabling the Unix environment
available from Windows 7 onward.

Post a reply to this message