POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problem with gamma showcase in pov-ray tutorial Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:45:25 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with gamma showcase in pov-ray tutorial (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: LiYanrui
Subject: Problem with gamma showcase in pov-ray tutorial
Date: 7 Sep 2017 08:35:01
Message: <web.59b13c08d9757f7ac530adb50@news.povray.org>
The section 2.3.4.1 in pov-ray tutorial
(http://www.povray.org/documentation/3.7.0/t2_3.html#t2_3_4) said, the following
options

+w640 +h480 +a0.3 +am1 +fN -d File_Gamma=sRGB
Output_File_Name=gamma_showcase.png

+w640 +h480 +a0.3 +am1 +fN -d File_Gamma=1.0
Output_File_Name=gamma_showcase_linear.png

would generate two images and they should look identical in
viewing software. I can not get such results. Why different File_Gammas can
generate same results?

Post a reply to this message