POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : generating Animation problem. Server Time
29 Mar 2024 10:40:48 EDT (-0400)
  generating Animation problem. (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Jay
Subject: generating Animation problem.
Date: 31 Jul 2017 22:00:00
Message: <web.597fdfd0580f1569e368119c0@news.povray.org>
i want to generate 25 images by moving camera like this.

this is the sequence of movement of camera i want to make.

(1)  (2)  (3)  (4)  (5)
(6)  (7)  (8)  (9)  (10)
(11) (12) (13) (14) (15)
(16) (17) (18) (19) (20)
(21) (22) (23) (24) (25)

all these cameras are arranged at the same plane and looking at the orthogonal
position.

i know how to make the first line (1)~(5)

but i can't figure out how to move camera(5) to (6) and goes on the movement.

anyone who know how to do this stuff, plz let me know. i appreciate

Post a reply to this message

> i want to generate 25 images by moving camera like this.
>
> this is the sequence of movement of camera i want to make.
>
> (1)  (2)  (3)  (4)  (5)
> (6)  (7)  (8)  (9)  (10)
> (11) (12) (13) (14) (15)
> (16) (17) (18) (19) (20)
> (21) (22) (23) (24) (25)
>
> all these cameras are arranged at the same plane and looking at the orthogonal
> position.
>
> i know how to make the first line (1)~(5)
>
> but i can't figure out how to move camera(5) to (6) and goes on the movement.
>
> anyone who know how to do this stuff, plz let me know. i appreciate

Although I am probably the wrong person to answer this I will try, hope you can
figure this out:

/* access array 0 to 24 (25 entries)
and place camera to view 5 X 5 grid */

//cmd:+ki0 +kf1 +kfi0 +kff24

#declare X=25;

#declare X5=array [X] {1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5};

#declare Y=25;

#declare Y5=array [Y] {1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,3,3,3,3,3,4,4,4,4,4,5,5,5,5,5};

camera {
  orthographic
  location <-0.5+X5[frame_number],0.5-Y5[frame_number],-1>
  look_at  <-0.5+X5[frame_number],0.5-Y5[frame_number],0>
  right x            // horizontal size of view
  up y               // vertical size of view
}

// overview to see all 25 locations at once
//camera {location <5/2,-5/2,-5> look_at <5/2,-5/2,0>}

box {         // this box fits exactly in view
  <0,0,0>, <5,-5,1>
  texture {
  pigment {checker rgb <1, 0, 0> rgb <0, 0, 1>}
  finish {emission 1}
  }
}

#declare XYt=0;

#for (Yt,-1,-5,-1)
#for (Xt,1,5,1)

#declare XYt=XYt+1;

text {ttf "arial" str(XYt,0,0) 1, 0
 pigment {rgb 1}
 finish {emission 1}
 scale 0.5
 translate <-0.75,0.25,0>
 translate <Xt,Yt,-0.1>
 }

#end
#end

Post a reply to this message

> i know how to make the first line (1)~(5)

and how are you doing that?

> but i can't figure out how to move camera(5) to (6) and goes on the movement.
> anyone who know how to do this stuff, plz let me know. i appreciate

I would make an array of vectors defining the camera locations, and then based
on the clock/frame value, use that camera array element.

#declare Cameras = array [25] {<x1, y1, z1>, ..., <xn, yn, zn>};

camera {
  location Cameras [frame_number]
  look_at  <LAx, LAy, LAz>
  right 1*x
  up 1*y
}

Post a reply to this message

>> i know how to make the first line (1)~(5)
>
> and how are you doing that?
>
>> but i can't figure out how to move camera(5) to (6) and goes on the movement.
>> anyone who know how to do this stuff, plz let me know. i appreciate
>

> I would make an array of vectors defining the camera locations, and then based
> on the clock/frame value, use that camera array element.
>
> #declare Cameras = array [25] {<x1, y1, z1>, ..., <xn, yn, zn>};
>
> camera {
>    location Cameras [frame_number]
>    look_at  <LAx, LAy, LAz>
>    right 1*x
>    up 1*y
> }

That is the way I would do it. Maybe using a Conditional Directive. For
instance; #if, #for, #switch etc. That would give discrete camera
positions. Smooth translations between the camera positions and the look
at point can be obtained by using spline curves. It makes it more
complicated but it looks better.
Spline_Trans in Transforms.inc would be something to look at after Jay
got the basic transformations working.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> Smooth translations between the camera positions and the look
> at point can be obtained by using spline curves. It makes it more
> complicated but it looks better.
> Spline_Trans in Transforms.inc would be something to look at after Jay
> got the basic transformations working.

Yes, I was going to mention splines, although it looked like he just wanted to
render a bunch of discrete frames.

I'd think about the rate of travel along a hypotenuse vs a linear stretch, an
consider using some sort of sin or cos modifier to slow down / speed up for
smooth transitions, if that's the way he's going with this.

Post a reply to this message

>> Smooth translations between the camera positions and the look
>> at point can be obtained by using spline curves. It makes it more
>> complicated but it looks better.
>> Spline_Trans in Transforms.inc would be something to look at after Jay
>> got the basic transformations working.
>
> Yes, I was going to mention splines, although it looked like he just wanted to
> render a bunch of discrete frames.

It does and I was answering the next question. :)

> I'd think about the rate of travel along a hypotenuse vs a linear stretch, an
> consider using some sort of sin or cos modifier to slow down / speed up for
> smooth transitions, if that's the way he's going with this.

Before you do that. Have a look at this page on Friedrich A. Lohmüller's
website. I think you have mentioned his site before. No need to
re-invent the wheel unless it is for your own satisfaction in doing it.

http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/animate/anim280e.htm

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> > i know how to make the first line (1)~(5)
>
> and how are you doing that?
>
> > but i can't figure out how to move camera(5) to (6) and goes on the movement.
> > anyone who know how to do this stuff, plz let me know. i appreciate
>

> I would make an array of vectors defining the camera locations, and then based
> on the clock/frame value, use that camera array element.
>
> #declare Cameras = array [25] {<x1, y1, z1>, ..., <xn, yn, zn>};
>
> camera {
>   location Cameras [frame_number]
>   look_at  <LAx, LAy, LAz>
>   right 1*x
>   up 1*y
> }

just like this

#declare Move = 10 * clock;

#declare Cam1 = camera { location<15,5,18 + Move>
                         look_at <0,5,18 + Move>
                         angle 120 }

Post a reply to this message