POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Math / Geometry Reference Server Time
23 Apr 2024 18:49:21 EDT (-0400)
  Math / Geometry Reference (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Math / Geometry Reference
Date: 13 Jul 2017 16:25:01
Message: <web.5967d5f63c142f18c437ac910@news.povray.org>
As one might imagine, I have more math references than I can even get around to
reading...

I found this one that seemed especially comprehensive and directly applicable to
coding scenes in SDL.

http://www.math.uni.lodz.pl/~maczar/ggk/Vince%20-%20Geometry%20for%20Computer%20Graphics.pdf

Perhaps others know of additional excellent references.

A lot of these would make sweet macros (or internal functions) ;)

I elect Stephen.

Post a reply to this message

> As one might imagine, I have more math references than I can even get around to
> reading...
>
> I found this one that seemed especially comprehensive and directly applicable to
> coding scenes in SDL.

http://www.math.uni.lodz.pl/~maczar/ggk/Vince%20-%20Geometry%20for%20Computer%20Graphics.pdf

> Perhaps others know of additional excellent references.
>
> A lot of these would make sweet macros (or internal functions) ;)
>
> I elect Stephen.

ROTFLMAO

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> As one might imagine, I have more math references than I can even get around to
> reading...
>
> I found this one that seemed especially comprehensive and directly applicable to
> coding scenes in SDL.

http://www.math.uni.lodz.pl/~maczar/ggk/Vince%20-%20Geometry%20for%20Computer%20Graphics.pdf

> Perhaps others know of additional excellent references.
>
> A lot of these would make sweet macros (or internal functions) ;)
>
> I elect Stephen.

Nice one, and heavy (359 p). Look at pdf page 83.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> Nice one, and heavy (359 p). Look at pdf page 83.

My eyes glazed over WAY before then.

It's embarrassing to discover how much math I *don't* know...

Post a reply to this message

>> Nice one, and heavy (359 p). Look at pdf page 83.
>>

> My eyes glazed over WAY before then.
>
> It's embarrassing to discover how much math I *don't* know...

Don't worry, I am like that too :-o

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 14/07/2017 6:20 AM, Bald Eagle wrote:

> As one might imagine, I have more math references than I can even get around to
> reading...
>
> I found this one that seemed especially comprehensive and directly applicable to
> coding scenes in SDL.

http://www.math.uni.lodz.pl/~maczar/ggk/Vince%20-%20Geometry%20for%20Computer%20Graphics.pdf

> Perhaps others know of additional excellent references.
>
> A lot of these would make sweet macros (or internal functions) ;)
>
> I elect Stephen.

Superb reference.  Thanks for the link.