POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some fun scenes and animations Server Time
18 Apr 2024 13:01:14 EDT (-0400)
  Some fun scenes and animations (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Some fun scenes and animations
Date: 30 Jun 2017 10:15:01
Message: <web.59565c26ecb8897ec437ac910@news.povray.org>
Planets, geophysical stuff, and some [old] lecture notes utilizing POV-Ray
(crand  :O )

Thomas and Stephen:

http://web.utah.edu/thorne/computing.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Some fun scenes and animations
Date: 30 Jun 2017 10:42:25
Message: <59566351@news.povray.org>
On 6/30/2017 3:11 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Planets, geophysical stuff, and some [old] lecture notes utilizing POV-Ray
> (crand  :O )
>
> Thomas and Stephen:
>
> http://web.utah.edu/thorne/computing.html

It looks worth spending some time looking at it.
But as you point out - crand. The animators nightmare. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Jul 2017 02:36:24
Message: <595742e8$1@news.povray.org>
On 30-6-2017 16:11, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Planets, geophysical stuff, and some [old] lecture notes utilizing POV-Ray
> (crand  :O )
>
> Thomas and Stephen:
>
> http://web.utah.edu/thorne/computing.html

I could not open the site: "The requested URL /thorne/computing.html was
not found on this server."

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 1 Jul 2017 02:44:09
Message: <595744b9$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/1/2017 7:36 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 30-6-2017 16:11, Bald Eagle wrote:
>> Planets, geophysical stuff, and some [old] lecture notes utilizing
>> POV-Ray
>> (crand  :O )
>>
>> Thomas and Stephen:
>>
>> http://web.utah.edu/thorne/computing.html
>>

> I could not open the site: "The requested URL /thorne/computing.html was
> not found on this server."

It opens fine for me.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 1 Jul 2017 03:19:58
Message: <59574d1e@news.povray.org>
Am 01.07.2017 um 08:44 schrieb Stephen:
>> On 30-6-2017 16:11, Bald Eagle wrote:
>>> Planets, geophysical stuff, and some [old] lecture notes utilizing
>>> POV-Ray
>>> (crand  :O )
>>>
>>> Thomas and Stephen:
>>>
>>> http://web.utah.edu/thorne/computing.html
>>>

>> I could not open the site: "The requested URL /thorne/computing.html was
>> not found on this server."
>>

> It opens fine for me.

It /did/ open fine for me when Bald Eagle first posted it, but right now
it doesn't.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 1 Jul 2017 03:23:05
Message: <59574dd9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 01.07.2017 um 09:19 schrieb clipka:
> Am 01.07.2017 um 08:44 schrieb Stephen:

>>> I could not open the site: "The requested URL /thorne/computing.html was
>>> not found on this server."
>>>

>> It opens fine for me.
>
> It /did/ open fine for me when Bald Eagle first posted it, but right now
> it doesn't.

According to http://web.utah.edu/thorne/index.html, the guy must have
moved his website just now.

New address:

http://home.chpc.utah.edu/~thorne/computing.html

Post a reply to this message

From: omniverse
Date: 1 Jul 2017 03:25:05
Message: <web.59574df1f80040e99c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
> On 30-6-2017 16:11, Bald Eagle wrote:
> > Planets, geophysical stuff, and some [old] lecture notes utilizing POV-Ray
> > (crand  :O )
> >
> > Thomas and Stephen:
> >
> > http://web.utah.edu/thorne/computing.html
>
> I could not open the site: "The requested URL /thorne/computing.html was
> not found on this server."

Interesting stuff, and of course it would be.

A redirect if using just the "thorne" URL minus /computing.html and found this
alternate URL to get there, or so I believe it probably is what was given by
Bald Eagle:

From: omniverse
Date: 1 Jul 2017 03:50:01
Message: <web.5957535bf80040e99c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
> Am 01.07.2017 um 09:19 schrieb clipka:

> >> It opens fine for me.
> >
> > It /did/ open fine for me when Bald Eagle first posted it, but right now
> > it doesn't.
>
> According to http://web.utah.edu/thorne/index.html, the guy must have
> moved his website just now.
>
> New address:
>
> http://home.chpc.utah.edu/~thorne/computing.html

Yep. :)
Well, waiting a little while and watching for someone else to find that too
didn't stop me, knowing how these messages get delayed a few minutes I can't
hold off every time. Or so says the seldom messaging person at my keyboard.
Back into limbo for me! LOL

Bob

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 1 Jul 2017 03:55:40
Message: <5957557c$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/1/2017 8:23 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 01.07.2017 um 09:19 schrieb clipka:

>>> It opens fine for me.
>>
>> It /did/ open fine for me when Bald Eagle first posted it, but right now
>> it doesn't.
>
> According to http://web.utah.edu/thorne/index.html, the guy must have
> moved his website just now.

I must have been looking at pages in my cache.

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Jul 2017 07:15:19
Message: <59578447$1@news.povray.org>
On 1-7-2017 9:23, omniverse wrote:
>> On 30-6-2017 16:11, Bald Eagle wrote:
>>> Planets, geophysical stuff, and some [old] lecture notes utilizing POV-Ray
>>> (crand  :O )
>>>
>>> Thomas and Stephen:
>>>
>>> http://web.utah.edu/thorne/computing.html
>>
>> I could not open the site: "The requested URL /thorne/computing.html was
>> not found on this server."
>
> Interesting stuff, and of course it would be.
>
> A redirect if using just the "thorne" URL minus /computing.html and found this
> alternate URL to get there, or so I believe it probably is what was given by
> Bald Eagle:
>
> http://home.chpc.utah.edu/~thorne/computing.html

Thanks guys! :-)

--