POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : include files by Chris Colefax and Rune Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:05:54 EDT (-0400)
  include files by Chris Colefax and Rune (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Kenneth
Subject: include files by Chris Colefax and Rune
Date: 6 May 2017 13:05:00
Message: <web.590e01029e1e92e5883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
Here are links to some old but useful include files for POV-ray. I wanted to
call attention to them because at least the ones by Chris Colefax are difficult
to find, as all of his old Geocities web links no longer work (including the
links at POV-ray.org.)  My advice is to get them now and archive them, for later
use or study; who knows how much longer they'll be around. Some may be really
outdated, but the code is probably worth a look anyway.

I've worked with only a few of these, but my favorite is Rune's ILLUSION.inc. In
effect, it allows 'camera projection' for creating 3-D matte paintings-- a type
of image projection onto scene objects that POV-Ray doesn't yet have.

Chris Colefax's include files and macros.
http://www.oocities.org/ccolefax/index.html
GALAXY
TILE GENERATOR
COMPRESSED MESH macro
CITY GENERATOR
LIQUID SPRAY
OBJECT EXPLODER
BRUSHED METAL
LENS EFFECTS
OBJECT BENDER
COILS
SPIDERWEB
etc.

Rune's include files and macros
http://runevision.com/3d/
PARTICLE SYSTEM
ELECTRICITY
INVERSE KINEMATICS for necks/tentacles
ILLUSION
etc.

Post a reply to this message

> Here are links to some old but useful include files for POV-ray. I wanted to
> call attention to them because at least the ones by Chris Colefax are difficult
> to find, as all of his old Geocities web links no longer work (including the
> links at POV-ray.org.)  My advice is to get them now and archive them, for later
> use or study; who knows how much longer they'll be around. Some may be really
> outdated, but the code is probably worth a look anyway.

So very true - I found a whole directory of the Colefax macros a while back, and
posted a link to them as well, for exactly the same reason.   Thanks for the
additional link/location.

:)

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.57aa03c768edbca0b488d9aa0%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.57a