POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How about an image theme of the month? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  How about an image theme of the month? (Message 21 to 29 of 29)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: How about an image theme of the month?
Date: 15 May 2017 19:16:02
Message: <591a36b2$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/15/2017 11:42 PM, jhu wrote:
> Someone should put their foot down and post a theme.

All volunteers take one step forward!...

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 16 May 2017 08:59:37
Message: <591af7b9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 16.05.2017 um 01:16 schrieb Stephen:
> On 5/15/2017 11:42 PM, jhu wrote:
>> Someone should put their foot down and post a theme.
>>

> All volunteers take one step forward!...

I guess you've got your theme right there:

    "One Step Forward"

Happy rendering :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 16 May 2017 09:11:40
Message: <591afa8c@news.povray.org>
On 5/16/2017 1:59 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 16.05.2017 um 01:16 schrieb Stephen:
>> On 5/15/2017 11:42 PM, jhu wrote:
>>> Someone should put their foot down and post a theme.
>>>

>> All volunteers take one step forward!...
>
> I guess you've got your theme right there:
>
>      "One Step Forward"
>
> Happy rendering :)

"Two steps backwards." Might be more appropriate. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Date: 16 May 2017 09:30:00
Message: <web.591afe44532dd0b1c437ac910@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 5/16/2017 1:59 PM, clipka wrote:
> > Am 16.05.2017 um 01:16 schrieb Stephen:

> > I guess you've got your theme right there:
> >
> >      "One Step Forward"
> >
> > Happy rendering :)
> >

> "Two steps backwards." Might be more appropriate. :)

I'm side-stepping this for now.  :D

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 16 May 2017 10:28:31
Message: <591b0c8f$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/16/2017 2:27 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> On 5/16/2017 1:59 PM, clipka wrote:
>>> Am 16.05.2017 um 01:16 schrieb Stephen:
>
>>> I guess you've got your theme right there:
>>>
>>>       "One Step Forward"
>>>
>>> Happy rendering :)
>>>

>> "Two steps backwards." Might be more appropriate. :)
>

> I'm side-stepping this for now.  :D

In that case: Step we gaily. ;)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: bgimeno
Date: 16 May 2017 10:43:37
Message: <591b1019$1@news.povray.org>
El 16/05/17 a las 16:28, Stephen escribió:
> On 5/16/2017 2:27 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
>> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

>>> "Two steps backwards." Might be more appropriate. :)
>>

>> I'm side-stepping this for now.  :D
>>

> In that case: Step we gaily. ;)

Hi:
Here is my proposal to narrow down the terms a bit. Instead of leaving a
topic for our disgruntled brains to slowly wear out, post an already
existing real picture of what you like most as a starting point. The one
who comes closest to the original, or reinterprets it in an original way
wins. This limits the emotional wear and tear of raising a new scene
instead of targeting an open topic.
Keep in mind that English is not my first language and I used a
translator to write this. No irony.

Regards,
B. Gimeno

Post a reply to this message