POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hall of fame updates? Server Time: 22 Oct 2017 21:03:02 GMT
  Hall of fame updates? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)  
From: jhu
Subject: Hall of fame updates?
Date: 23 Mar 2017 04:30:01
Message: <web.58d34efe8aef96f2194284cc0@news.povray.org>
Looks like the latest one was from 2009. Surely there must have been something
worthy of the hall of fame since then? Or is the criteria really so high as to
be unattainable anymore?


Post a reply to this message

From: dick balaska
Subject: Re: Hall of fame updates?
Date: 23 Mar 2017 05:17:32
Message: <58d35a6c$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-03-23 00:28, also sprach jhu:
> Looks like the latest one was from 2009. Surely there must have been something
> worthy of the hall of fame since then? Or is the criteria really so high as to
> be unattainable anymore?
>
>
>

Jaime's little shrooms pop to mind.

-- 
dik


Post a reply to this message

From: jhu
Subject: Re: Hall of fame updates?
Date: 23 Mar 2017 23:35:00
Message: <web.58d45ab2776b053b3ded5900@news.povray.org>
dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> Am 2017-03-23 00:28, also sprach jhu:
> > Looks like the latest one was from 2009. Surely there must have been something
> > worthy of the hall of fame since then? Or is the criteria really so high as to
> > be unattainable anymore?
> >
> >
> >
>
> Jaime's little shrooms pop to mind.
>
> --
> dik

Almost anything from Jaime or Robert McGrgor or Sean Day I would say.


Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: Hall of fame updates?
Date: 24 Mar 2017 01:31:20
Message: <58d476e8$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/23/2017 7:30 PM, jhu wrote:
> dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
>> Am 2017-03-23 00:28, also sprach jhu:
>>> Looks like the latest one was from 2009. Surely there must have been something
>>> worthy of the hall of fame since then? Or is the criteria really so high as to
>>> be unattainable anymore?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Jaime's little shrooms pop to mind.
>>
>> --
>> dik
>
> Almost anything from Jaime or Robert McGrgor or Sean Day I would say.
>
>


I would submit something of mine, if I weren't afraid of getting laughed 
at by the entire Internet. ;)


Mike


Post a reply to this message

From: dick balaska
Subject: Re: Hall of fame updates?
Date: 24 Mar 2017 06:23:14
Message: <58d4bb52$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-03-23 21:31, also sprach Mike Horvath:

> I would submit something of mine, if I weren't afraid of getting laughed
> at by the entire Internet. ;)

Ha, same.
This is the most sophisticated thing I have
http://www.buckosoft.com/tteoac/video/frames/ttho2912.png
based on 100 minute average render time per frame (5 servers, currently 
3 frames per hour, ugh).
I was concerned about the extreme reflections and glare [1] but they 
animate out nicely.

[1] My buddy thinks I overuse reflections in my art. I think *that* is 
one of POV-Ray's strengths.

-- 
dik


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.