POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reflectance of 3D canopy Server Time
25 Apr 2024 02:55:16 EDT (-0400)
  Reflectance of 3D canopy (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: muyu
Subject: Reflectance of 3D canopy
Date: 13 Mar 2017 07:00:00
Message: <web.58c67b31bc9274bfcf0bfa9c0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I would like to simulate the radiative transfer in 3D crop canopy using Pov-ray.
We can have the optical properties of each surface (transmitance and
reflectance/diffuse). In order to simulate the multi-scattering, I would like to
use radiosity.

1) I can set the transmitance by rgbt(0,1,0,transmitance). Transmitance is the
same for all the three color chanels? This is not realistic for most cases.

2) diffuse can be set by finish{diffuse df}. But I do not know how this diffuse
impact the surface color? rgb(0,1,0)*diffuse?

Thx in advance.

Shouyang

Post a reply to this message