POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [Mike Horvath] - recommended book Server Time
29 Mar 2024 10:11:53 EDT (-0400)
  [Mike Horvath] - recommended book (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: [Mike Horvath] - recommended book
Date: 22 Feb 2017 08:15:00
Message: <web.58ad8e4994586f76c437ac910@news.povray.org>
Hi Mike,
I was perusing my growing collection of Books I Don't Have Time To Read, and
found the beginning of this very interesting, and given your very nice work on
visualizing color spaces, thought you might find it of interest as well.

Looks like there's lots of chapters of interest to the Community At Large as
well.

Offered by the author free of charge.

http://www.realtimerendering.com/Principles_of_Digital_Image_Synthesis_v1.0.1.pdf

Happy reading!

Post a reply to this message

> I was perusing my growing collection of Books I Don't Have Time To Read, and
> found the beginning of this very interesting, and given your very nice work on
> visualizing color spaces, thought you might find it of interest as well.
>
> Looks like there's lots of chapters of interest to the Community At Large as
> well.
>

> Offered by the author free of charge.
>
> http://www.realtimerendering.com/Principles_of_Digital_Image_Synthesis_v1.0.1.pdf
>

> Happy reading!

Wow, that book is pretty extensive! Thanks! I have saved it to my
computer and am skimming through it.

Unfortunately, while I enjoyed math formulas as a youth, I no longer
have a "head" for it. I would have not been able to create my last
illustrations for Wikipedia without cheating by having clipka do the
hard parts for me.

IIRC, I still want to plot the chromaticity diagram in XYZ space, for
multiple white points. Clipka did this in fact, and rendered several
movies. But I have given up since I wouldn't even know how to plug the
equations into my scene if clipka gave them to me.

Thanks again! I will continue to skim through it over the next several days.

Mike