POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Free books and resources Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  Free books and resources (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Free books and resources
Date: 20 Jan 2017 12:50:00
Message: <web.58824ca9954884b5c437ac910@news.povray.org>
I ran across this and figured I'd post it here, since many people are hobbyists
and not professional graphics programmers with extensive, expensive libraries.

http://www.realtimerendering.com/

links to:

2015-2016 (an interactive book on the subject, continuing to be released).
 cover  download for free Computer Vision Metrics: Survey, Taxonomy, and
Analysis, by Scott Krig, Apress, July 2014 (table of contents and free download;
see our blog for options).
cover  download for free Learning Modern 3D Graphics Programming, by Jason L.
McKesson, 2012, read for free, download for free.
cover  download for free Computer Vision: Algorithms and Applications, by
Richard Szeliski, Springer, Nov. 2010, download for free.
cover   iPhone 3D Programming: Developing Graphical Applications with OpenGL ES,
Philip Rideout, O'Reilly Media, May 2010, read for free. The focus is more on
OpenGL ES, which is all to the good.
cover   GPU Gems 3, edited by Hubert Nguyen, August 2007, read for free.
NVIDIA's munificence is what I assume is behind this excellent book being free.
cover  read for free GPU Gems 2: Techniques for Graphics and Compute Intensive
Programming, edited by Matt Pharr, March 2005, read for free. Another gift from
NVIDIA; a wonderful book.
cover  read for free GPU Gems: Programming Techniques, Tips, and Tricks for
Real-Time Graphics, edited by Randima Fernando, March 2004, read for free.
Likewise, worthwhile and great that it's free.
cover  download for free ShaderX2: Shader Programming Tips and Tricks with
DirectX 9.0, edited by Wolfgang Engel, Nov. 2003, download for free, also free
code download and notes. I particularly like the articles that Marwan Ansari
coauthored.
cover  download for free ShaderX2: Introductions and Tutorials with DirectX 9.0,
edited by Wolfgang Engel, Nov. 2003, download for free, also free code download
and notes. Notable are the fog article and the 82-page article on shadow
volumes.
cover  read for free The Cg Tutorial, by Randy Fernando and Mark J. Kilgard,
March 2003, read for free.
cover  download for free Direct3D ShaderX: Vertex and Pixel Shader Tips and
Tricks, edited by Wolfgang Engel, June 2002, download for free, also free code
download and notes.
cover  download for free Computational Geometry: Algorithms and Applications,
3rd Edition, by Mark de Berg, Otfried Cheong, Marc van Kreveld, and Mark
Overmars, Springer Verlag, 2008: download 2nd Edition (from 2000) for free. A
well-illustrated text that explains key computational geometry algorithms. Note
that the free version is the second edition; other than these errata fixes, the
3rd edition's major changes are that Chapter 7 includes information on Voronoi
diagrams of line-segments and for farthest point, and Chapter 12 includes BSP
trees for low-density scenes.
 cover  read for free Michael Abrash's Graphics Programming Black Book, by
Michael Abrash, July 1997, read for free. Ancient, yes, but there are still
articles of general interest, and Abrash is a fine story-teller.
cover  download for free Principles of Digital Image Synthesis, by Andrew S.
Glassner, Morgan Kaufmann, 1995: download for free. An incredible book, and
physics doesn't change (much), so despite the age this book is full of useful
information.
cover  download for free Simulating Humans: Computer Graphics Animation and
Control, by Norman I. Badler, Cary B. Phillips, Bonnie Lynn Webber, Oxford
University Press, 1993: download for free. All about the human figure and how to
model it in the computer. Old, but chock full of information.
cover  download for free Introduction to Computing with Geometry,

Post a reply to this message