POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : torus arrows Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:07:44 EDT (-0400)
  torus arrows (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: isuc60
Subject: torus arrows
Date: 8 Nov 2016 21:50:00
Message: <web.58228e15512a2627116828db0@news.povray.org>
Dear  povray community,

I am totally new to Povray, but am very interested to learn how to draw
torus arrows, like the second figure on
 http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/15/
(Does anyone have the script for this figure?)

I found a script like this

union
{
//  cone {-2*z,0.0, -2*z+1*x,0.3 }

  cone {-2*y-2*x,0.0, -2,0.3 }
  difference {
    torus { 2,0.1 }
    box { <1,-1,0>,<-2,1,6> }
  }
  pigment { Green  }
 no_shadow
 translate <4,4,0>
  // apply texture as needed
}

But the arrow does not go to the location that I want. Also I do not understand
cone(-2*z,0.0, -2*z+1*x,0.3).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Guoping Zhang