POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rounded Objects. Help needed Server Time
29 Mar 2024 02:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Rounded Objects. Help needed (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: John Greenwood
Subject: Rounded Objects. Help needed
Date: 1 Nov 2016 13:25:01
Message: <web.5818cf0eb06170a1a7cafab50@news.povray.org>
I have been refining this concept and have posted an explaination of how it
works at:
http://www.john-greenwood.co.uk/PovRay/Rounded_Objects/Basics.html
There are three pages so far and I plan to add another one showing how to add
two rounded objects with a defined extra rounding of the join.
These pages are also linked to my blog site and comments can be left there.
This has been an interesting and challenging project but a diversion from my
main project. I think it is already a useful addition to the PovRay toolbox and
I have a couple of ideas to make it more so.

What would be useful would be have a means of transforming rounded objects with
good usability.
The transfomation needs to act on the underlying function, within the
isofunction action, but not on the r parameter.