POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Old version of espd_lightsys.inc in Lightsys 4d Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Old version of espd_lightsys.inc in Lightsys 4d (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Old version of espd_lightsys.inc in Lightsys 4d
Date: 1 Oct 2016 21:50:00
Message: <web.57f0674caa92d703e5b326b50@news.povray.org>
I finally got around to unzipping Lightsys 4d.  In checking for differences
between 4c and 4d, I found two anomalies in the new 4d file espd_lightsys.inc:
  - There is a typo in the spline ES_Phillips_HPS.
  - The tungsten incandescent 3000 K lamp is missing.

I also noticed two versions of this file in my old 4c directory:
  - a deficient file, timestamped 2009 August 11, which is identical
    to the file in 4d;
  - and an updated file, timestamped 2012 September 3.  The corrected
    file is identical to the copy downloaded from the SpectralRender
    Web page.

Post a reply to this message

> I finally got around to unzipping Lightsys 4d.  In checking for differences
> between 4c and 4d, I found two anomalies in the new 4d file espd_lightsys.inc:
>   - There is a typo in the spline ES_Phillips_HPS.

  Cannot see any typo on my copy... can you be more specific?

>   - The tungsten incandescent 3000 K lamp is missing.

  I don't remember any such light... and cannot find it on my previous
versions copies. Can you tell me the spline name?

> I also noticed two versions of this file in my old 4c directory:
>   - a deficient file, timestamped 2009 August 11, which is identical
>     to the file in 4d;
>   - and an updated file, timestamped 2012 September 3.  The corrected
>     file is identical to the copy downloaded from the SpectralRender
>     Web page.

  ??? Again, I cannot see that here on my copy, nor on the published one
at ignorancia.org. I just have the one dated in 2009 August 11, which
seems fine.

   Regards,

--
jaime

Post a reply to this message

On 2016-10-02 12:16 PM (-4), Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>> I finally got around to unzipping Lightsys 4d.  In checking for
>> differences
>> between 4c and 4d, I found two anomalies in the new 4d file
>> espd_lightsys.inc:
>>   - There is a typo in the spline ES_Phillips_HPS.
>
>  Cannot see any typo on my copy... can you be more specific?

The line between 495 nm and 505 nm reads 598, 0.2300.

In the 2012 copy I have, it reads 498, 0.2300, which makes more sense if
the nm column is intended to be in numerical order.  I also saw an
appropriately-sized spike in the 500 nm area on a HPS spectral graph I
found on line.

>>   - The tungsten incandescent 3000 K lamp is missing.
>
>  I don't remember any such light... and cannot find it on my previous
> versions copies. Can you tell me the spline name?
>
>> I also noticed two versions of this file in my old 4c directory:
>>   - a deficient file, timestamped 2009 August 11, which is identical
>>     to the file in 4d;
>>   - and an updated file, timestamped 2012 September 3.  The corrected
>>     file is identical to the copy downloaded from the SpectralRender
>>     Web page.
>>

>  ??? Again, I cannot see that here on my copy, nor on the published one
> at ignorancia.org. I just have the one dated in 2009 August 11, which
> seems fine.

The spline name is ES_Tungsten_Incandescent3K.  Perhaps the file was
updated by Ive, and he/she never shared it with you.  I'm guessing that
I must have downloaded the 2012 version from the SpectralRender page
(and renamed the 2009 version before unzipping the newer file).

Post a reply to this message

> The line between 495 nm and 505 nm reads 598, 0.2300.
>
> In the 2012 copy I have, it reads 498, 0.2300, which makes more sense if
> the nm column is intended to be in numerical order.  I also saw an
> appropriately-sized spike in the 500 nm area on a HPS spectral graph I
> found on line.
>
> The spline name is ES_Tungsten_Incandescent3K.  Perhaps the file was
> updated by Ive, and he/she never shared it with you.  I'm guessing that
> I must have downloaded the 2012 version from the SpectralRender page
> (and renamed the 2009 version before unzipping the newer file).

  Yes, you're right on both... the file from the SpectralRender corrects
the bad value and also adds the tungsten spline. I will replace the one
on my copy of Lightsys, thanks.

   Regards,

--
jaime