POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hardware Server Time
23 Apr 2024 23:52:50 EDT (-0400)
  Hardware (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Hardware
Date: 26 Aug 2016 12:55:01
Message: <web.57c073fe7ef8bb6b488d9aa0@news.povray.org>
I might be able to get something like a Dell PowerEdge M905

with 4 x AMD Opteron or 4 x Xeon 2.00GHz/18M/6.40

Can I effectively run POV-Ray on something like this?
What OS, pros / cons, etc...

Thanks   :)

Post a reply to this message

> I might be able to get something like a Dell PowerEdge M905
>
> with 4 x AMD Opteron or 4 x Xeon 2.00GHz/18M/6.40
>

> Can I effectively run POV-Ray on something like this?
> What OS, pros / cons, etc...
>

> Thanks   :)

Windows pro support 1 or 2 CPUs and up to 256 cores, dont'know about the
server version. Lesser versions only support single multi-core CPU.
Linux can probably cope with that.

POV-Ray will run correctly on that hardware, as long as the OS correctly
support it.

Post a reply to this message