POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Caustics not working with transparent background Server Time
28 Mar 2024 13:00:35 EDT (-0400)
  Caustics not working with transparent background (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Micheus
Subject: Caustics not working with transparent background
Date: 11 Aug 2016 19:05:01
Message: <web.57ad048990f06e6231fe18be0@news.povray.org>
I was testing a code I found in this post (HDR Sky_sphere:
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/message/%3Cop.vo12kld5ufxv4h%40xena%3E/#%3Cop.vo12kld5ufxv4h%40xena%3E)
and I noticed if I hide the hdr image using the no_image attribute the caustics
create by the environment light is lose.

The environment light I'm using:
sphere{0,1
   pigment{
      image_map{hdr "hdri\stpeters_probe-env.hdr"
         gamma 1.2
         map_type 1     // Spherical
         interpolate 2  // Bilinear
      }
   }
   rotate<0,40.0,0>
   finish{
      emission 1.0
      ambient 0
      diffuse 1
   }
   scale 10000 // make sure the sphere is big enough to cover the whole scene
   hollow
   no_image   ****
}

in the image bellow at left we see the rendered image with the "no_image"
commented and the right with it uncommented:
http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w578/Micheus/Wings3D%20-%20Forum%20III/teste_zpsrkl86nlp.png

I tryed many things, but it seems to be a kind of "bug" since the same light
still is lighting the scene.

Thanks for any advise.

Post a reply to this message

> I tryed many things, but it seems to be a kind of "bug" since the same light
> still is lighting the scene.
>
> Thanks for any advise.

It is a bug indeed. It'll be fixed in the next 3.7.1 development version.

Post a reply to this message

> > I tryed many things, but it seems to be a kind of "bug" since the same light
> > still is lighting the scene.
> >
> > Thanks for any advise.
>
> It is a bug indeed. It'll be fixed in the next 3.7.1 development version.

clipka, thank you for the fast answer.
Is that possible to know if there is any prevision of when it would be released?

Post a reply to this message

>>> I tryed many things, but it seems to be a kind of "bug" since the same light
>>> still is lighting the scene.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any advise.
>>
>> It is a bug indeed. It'll be fixed in the next 3.7.1 development version.
>
> clipka, thank you for the fast answer.
> Is that possible to know if there is any prevision of when it would be released?

As soon as there is something else worth releasing.

If the fix is urgent and relevant for you, let me know and I'll rush it out.

Post a reply to this message