POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OpenVDB Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:35:20 EDT (-0400)
  OpenVDB (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mr
Subject: OpenVDB
Date: 8 Aug 2016 05:40:00
Message: <web.57a852f4cad0579d16086ed00@news.povray.org>
Hello,
Blender now uses openvdb
http://www.openvdb.org/

....To cache volumes and smoke simulations. This means that If POV-Ray supported
this open source library, the export process could be much shortened and
improved compared to the current writing of a DF3 file.

http://developer.blender.org/rBe9452f909cdb

Is there any eventuality for POV-Ray to also support it one day?

Post a reply to this message

> .....To cache volumes and smoke simulations. This means that If POV-Ray supported
> this open source library, the export process could be much shortened and
> improved compared to the current writing of a DF3 file.
>
> http://developer.blender.org/rBe9452f909cdb
>
> Is there any eventuality for POV-Ray to also support it one day?

That probably depends on the provision of round tuits.

Post a reply to this message

>> .....To cache volumes and smoke simulations. This means that If POV-Ray supported
>> this open source library, the export process could be much shortened and
>> improved compared to the current writing of a DF3 file.
>>
>> http://developer.blender.org/rBe9452f909cdb
>>
>> Is there any eventuality for POV-Ray to also support it one day?
>
> That probably depends on the provision of round tuits.

I am developing a "square uptoit" if that's any use. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen