POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Regarding the defocus module Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:39:11 EDT (-0400)
  Regarding the defocus module (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: udyank
Subject: Regarding the defocus module
Date: 4 Aug 2016 10:20:00
Message: <web.57a34ea5da2f2d53f2ed086a0@news.povray.org>
I have some doubts on how the defocus module is actually working. On which plane
is the jittering of rays happening? And how is it able to produce realistic
images without the concept of a lens?
And also, the POVRay doc on the aperture setting says that "the zone of
sharpness is a plane through the focal_point and is parallel to the camera". How
is that? Is the plane is along depth(Z), ie horizontal, or parallel to camera
(vertical) ?

Post a reply to this message