POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray on cheapo devices? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:46:34 EDT (-0400)
  Povray on cheapo devices? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Povray on cheapo devices?
Date: 14 Jul 2016 16:20:01
Message: <web.5787f3e0c716e53826deccac0@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm considering picking up povray again after a hiatus. Right now, I think
I'd like to keep my pov files off of my work laptop, and my home Macbook is both
full and incredibly slow. Not going to buy a new Mackbook until they update the
hardware, but might consider a hold-over device.

I see lots of devices out there at practically throwaway prices.
Q: has anyone had luck getting povray on and acceptable rendering times from any
of these new devices: chrome books, android tablets, Fire tablets, previous-gen
iPads?

Post a reply to this message

"gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Hi, I'm considering picking up povray again after a hiatus. Right now, I think
> I'd like to keep my pov files off of my work laptop, and my home Macbook is both
> full and incredibly slow. Not going to buy a new Mackbook until they update the
> hardware, but might consider a hold-over device.
>
> I see lots of devices out there at practically throwaway prices.
> Q: has anyone had luck getting povray on and acceptable rendering times from any
> of these new devices: chrome books, android tablets, Fire tablets, previous-gen
> iPads?

 But seriously, what is the mechanism for getting povray on a Chromebook?