POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rendering several images from other views Server Time
26 Apr 2024 01:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  rendering several images from other views (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: kfir
Subject: rendering several images from other views
Date: 3 Jul 2016 16:20:00
Message: <web.57797257913a08b5be51d6de0@news.povray.org>
hey.

I want to render several images from other views by while loop.
how can I save image from camera? can I do it in while loop?

please give me an short example

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: rendering several images from other views
Date: 3 Jul 2016 17:34:43
Message: <577984f3@news.povray.org>

> hey.
>
> I want to render several images from other views by while loop.
> how can I save image from camera? can I do it in while loop?
>

> please give me an short example

No. A given scene can have only a single camera.

What can be used to do what you seems to want is the use of the
animation feature.

In this case, you can use a #switch() #case()#break #end construct as
follow:
You need a #case() clause for each camera definition you want.

#switch(frame_number)
#case(1) // camera for the first view
  #break
#case(2) // camera for the second view
  #break
#case(...)

Then, you start your render using +kffn where "n" stand for the number
of views you want.

"frame_number" is a builtin variable that evaluate to zero for a single
image, or a value that depend on the current frame been rendered if
rendering an animation. In that later case, it start at 1 unless you set
the first frame's number to something else.

You'll end up with a serie of images consecutively numbered.