POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : texturing isosurface contained_by Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:10:24 EDT (-0400)
  texturing isosurface contained_by (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: texturing isosurface contained_by
Date: 15 Jun 2016 09:40:00
Message: <web.576159a9c96f7eeb488d9aa0@news.povray.org>
Just wondering how the container for the isosurface examples in the docs was
pigmented / textured separately from the isosurface proper.

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/73/

"For making it clearer what surfaces are the actual isosurface and what are
caused by the container object, the color will be different in all the following
pictures."

The method used is not explained, nor have I (so far) been able to come up with
a syntax that the parser accepts.

Post a reply to this message

Le 15/06/2016 15:35, Bald Eagle a écrit :

> Just wondering how the container for the isosurface examples in the docs was
> pigmented / textured separately from the isosurface proper.
>
> http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/73/
>
> "For making it clearer what surfaces are the actual isosurface and what are
> caused by the container object, the color will be different in all the following
> pictures."
>
> The method used is not explained, nor have I (so far) been able to come up with
> a syntax that the parser accepts.

A basic trick would be along:

intersection {isosurface {
function { ... }
contained_by { box { -2, 2 } }
evaluate 4, 1.18, .7
all_intersections
texture { pigment { color red 1 } }
}
box { -1, 1 scale 1.5 texture { pigment { color blue 1 } } }
}

Post a reply to this message