POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pigment type unspecified or not 1st item Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:51:25 EDT (-0400)
  pigment type unspecified or not 1st item (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mr
Subject: pigment type unspecified or not 1st item
Date: 18 May 2016 09:05:00
Message: <web.573c67d9d28bf75b16086ed00@news.povray.org>
Hi, trying to remove error messages, I realised I always get this one ("pigment
type unspecified or not 1st item") because my scene makes use of the #default
directive early on to define the generic pigment and then uses pigment{} to call
it, is there another way we should call the default pigment, like a keyword? or
is this feature going to be deprecated? If not, I don't see why should it
generate an error message?

Post a reply to this message

> Hi, trying to remove error messages, I realised I always get this one ("pigment
> type unspecified or not 1st item") because my scene makes use of the #default
> directive early on to define the generic pigment and then uses pigment{} to call
> it, is there another way we should call the default pigment, like a keyword? or
> is this feature going to be deprecated? If not, I don't see why should it
> generate an error message?

To get a texture with the default pigment, just use

    texture {
      // note: no pigment at all!
    }

That's why it is called the default pigment ;)

Post a reply to this message

> > Hi, trying to remove error messages, I realised I always get this one ("pigment
> > type unspecified or not 1st item") because my scene makes use of the #default
> > directive early on to define the generic pigment and then uses pigment{} to call
> > it, is there another way we should call the default pigment, like a keyword? or
> > is this feature going to be deprecated? If not, I don't see why should it
> > generate an error message?
>
> To get a texture with the default pigment, just use
>
>     texture {
>       // note: no pigment at all!
>     }
>
> That's why it is called the default pigment ;)

thanks, that's cleaner no more yellow message!