POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sweeping circle along catenary curve Server Time
20 Apr 2024 11:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Sweeping circle along catenary curve (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: ratneshmadaan
Subject: Sweeping circle along catenary curve
Date: 28 Apr 2016 14:55:00
Message: <web.57225c575b2354ee292a95ac0@news.povray.org>
(One day old to povray)
I want to render catenary wires (will assume them to be plain in texture)
There's an old, but useful thread for rendering catenary chains here
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.42f332855de03cffa196ebe30%40news.povray.org%3E/

I modified the code, and basically instead of torus links, with alternating 90
degree rotation, I made them cylindrical with no rotation. However this is a
naive way to extrude.

How can I do this? Basically use polygon
sweep(http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.2/62/) along an array of 3D
points got by solving for a catenary

Post a reply to this message