POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering two sheets of paper Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:58:10 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering two sheets of paper (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: bocovp
Subject: Rendering two sheets of paper
Date: 21 Mar 2016 02:20:01
Message: <web.56ef9248e12cd37f2cfb4b8e0@news.povray.org>
I want to render two sheets of paper (one on top of another).
See e.g. the following images:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Z_xcZG_0OpM/T6QQOa_85RI/AAAAAAAAY2Y/SfjXLhylBc8/s1600/IMG_5882.JPG
https://t2.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/67/30/75/240_F_67307554_13kmP5SBUF36d3HrbcR6O0swgZcv3Hhu.jpg

I want to get this tiny shadow which is formed by the topmost sheet on the
bottom one.
Since the distance between the sheets is VERY small, I cannot just place two
meshes with different z-coordinates.

I thought of using some multilayered texture:
1. bottom sheet
2. some shadow layer (???)
3. top sheet

Post a reply to this message

> I want to render two sheets of paper (one on top of another).
> See e.g. the following images:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Z_xcZG_0OpM/T6QQOa_85RI/AAAAAAAAY2Y/SfjXLhylBc8/s1600/IMG_5882.JPG

https://t2.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/67/30/75/240_F_67307554_13kmP5SBUF36d3HrbcR6O0swgZcv3Hhu.jpg

> I want to get this tiny shadow which is formed by the topmost sheet on the
> bottom one.
> Since the distance between the sheets is VERY small, I cannot just place two
> meshes with different z-coordinates.
>
> I thought of using some multilayered texture:
> 1. bottom sheet
> 2. some shadow layer (???)
> 3. top sheet

It seems to me that placing two meshes, slightly offset vertically, is
the best method and not difficult to build. A challenge would be if the
sheets were wrinkled but I guess that is not your intention. The layered
texture approach does not seem to me a very good solution. Personally, I
always used the first approach in the past.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message