POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : LOTS of POV-Ray work! Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  LOTS of POV-Ray work! (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: LOTS of POV-Ray work!
Date: 14 Mar 2016 17:50:01
Message: <web.56e731aedc6553be5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know this guy?
He really went to town!   I've been clicking through his page, and it just goes
on, and on .... and on...   :O

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~nj2t-hg/ilpove.htm

Post a reply to this message

From: Norbert Kern
Subject: Re: LOTS of POV-Ray work!
Date: 14 Mar 2016 18:10:01
Message: <web.56e735c651fc751fa712dc3f0@news.povray.org>
> Does anyone know this guy?
> He really went to town!   I've been clicking through his page, and it just goes
> on, and on .... and on...   :O
>
> http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~nj2t-hg/ilpove.htm

This is the website of Tsutomu Higo.
He was/is one of the best known POV artists.
It's a pity his website is partly down.

For the "abstract" round of TC-RTC I collected all sources by Tsutomu Higo on my
discs and rerendered them at big size (> 400 images). They are always inspiring
and I hope we will publish something new (and will repair his website).

Norbert

Post a reply to this message

"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> He was/is one of the best known POV artists.

I must confess, I've never run across his work before (that I know of).
I could probably spend the next year just reading his SDL and playing with the
code to make derivative works.
Lots to learn in there I'm sure.

Post a reply to this message

> "Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
>
> > He was/is one of the best known POV artists.
>
> I must confess, I've never run across his work before (that I know of).
> I could probably spend the next year just reading his SDL and playing with the
> code to make derivative works.
> Lots to learn in there I'm sure.

He is the master of short (mostly iterative) code to give unexpected results.

I used some of his code in my last image (curiosity) for the current TC-RTC and
my first three entries for the old IRTC.

Lots and lots to learn...

And - he published the sources. This is the reason I publish code for my images
too - whenever possible.

Norbert

Post a reply to this message

> He is the master of short (mostly iterative) code to give unexpected results.
>
> I used some of his code in my last image (curiosity) for the current TC-RTC and
> my first three entries for the old IRTC.
>
> Lots and lots to learn...
>
> And - he published the sources. This is the reason I publish code for my images
> too - whenever possible.
>

> Norbert

I completely agree,
    Paolo