POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Omni-directional Stereo Content Server Time
18 Apr 2024 13:31:16 EDT (-0400)
  Omni-directional Stereo Content (Message 45 to 54 of 54)
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Omni-directional Stereo Content
Date: 9 Mar 2016 15:12:28
Message: <56e083ac@news.povray.org>
Le 06/03/2016 15:49, clipka a écrit :
> Y'all might want to try the latest and greatest POV-Ray development release:
>
> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-alpha.8509766%2Bav119
>
> It adds a new function-based user-defined camera:
>
>     camera {
>       user_defined
>       location {
>         FUNCTION, // x-coordinate of ray origin
>         FUNCTION, // y-coordinate of ray origin
>         FUNCTION  // z-coordinate of ray origin
>       }
>       direction {
>         FUNCTION, // x-coordinate of ray direction
>         FUNCTION, // y-coordinate of ray direction
>         FUNCTION  // z-coordinate of ray direction
>       }
>       CAMERA_MODIFIERS
>     }
>
> where each FUNCTION takes the screen coordinates as parameters, ranging
> from -0.5 (left/bottom) to 0.5 (right/top).

It's nice, but it is not generic enough:
you cannot have a non-traced area, like for fisheye and omnimax camera.

Yep, give me a finger, I would take the arm to the elbow... of the other side, with a
leg or two.

(where to I put the whole collection of smileys ?)

Post a reply to this message

Am 09.03.2016 um 21:12 schrieb Le_Forgeron:
> Le 06/03/2016 15:49, clipka a écrit :
>> Y'all might want to try the latest and greatest POV-Ray development release:
>>
>> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-alpha.8509766%2Bav119
>>
>> It adds a new function-based user-defined camera:
>>
>>     camera {
>>       user_defined
>>       location {
>>         FUNCTION, // x-coordinate of ray origin
>>         FUNCTION, // y-coordinate of ray origin
>>         FUNCTION  // z-coordinate of ray origin
>>       }
>>       direction {
>>         FUNCTION, // x-coordinate of ray direction
>>         FUNCTION, // y-coordinate of ray direction
>>         FUNCTION  // z-coordinate of ray direction
>>       }
>>       CAMERA_MODIFIERS
>>     }
>>
>> where each FUNCTION takes the screen coordinates as parameters, ranging
>> from -0.5 (left/bottom) to 0.5 (right/top).
>>

> It's nice, but it is not generic enough:
> you cannot have a non-traced area, like for fisheye and omnimax camera.
>
> Yep, give me a finger, I would take the arm to the elbow... of the other side, with
a leg or two.

Ooooh -- I can give you _the_ finger if you like:

To identify regions that should be left untraced, simply have the
`direction` functions all return 0. :P

Post a reply to this message