POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Omni-directional Stereo Content Server Time
29 Mar 2024 07:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Omni-directional Stereo Content (Message 11 to 20 of 54)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: Omni-directional Stereo Content
Date: 2 Mar 2016 11:40:08
Message: <56d71768$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/28/2016 6:19 PM, Clodo wrote:
> There are a lot of VR Headset now in the market.
> Oculus Rift, GearVR, HTC Vive, Google cardboard etc.
> Also YouTube support 360 panoramic.
>
> I understand there are a lot of options about rendering with other raytracing
> software, but i don't find any information about Povray.
>
> The projection model it's called ODS and is full explained in this Google doc:
> https://developers.google.com/cardboard/jump/rendering-ods-content.pdf
>
> I'm trying to render an ODS, 360 3D shot with Povray.
> There are a function inside the above doc that return the viewing ray for a
> given pixel in raytracing,
> but i don't understand how to use it in Povray.
>
> Any advice? Thanks.

Can Youtube do cube map 360 degree views? I think they look much better
than sphere maps.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 2 Mar 2016 13:06:08
Message: <56d72b90$1@news.povray.org>
El 02/03/16 a las 14:57, William F Pokorny escribió:
> Entirely possible I've not myself yet understood what is needed,

   Nor me... just tested the idea I mentioned, but got nowhere.

> think the mesh will be more of a circle of circles of triangles where
> the latter circles are each split between the left and right "eye-rays"
> assigned to the top and bottom portions of the final image - in opposite
> horizontal directions.
>
> Meaning, the final arrangement of all triangles would - if the circles
> of triangles had some >0 diameter(1) - look more like a cylinder from afar.

   I'm sorry but I cannot imagine what you are describing... :(

--
jaime

Post a reply to this message