POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Command line option for warning on completion? Server Time
15 May 2024 14:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Command line option for warning on completion? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Dicko
Subject: Command line option for warning on completion?
Date: 30 Nov 2015 05:05:00
Message: <web.565c1e54c3f22e7aa6a5f510@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I start POV Ray from another program and I would like to get a message/warning
when the render is done.
I would like to set a command line option for that if it exists, but I can't
find a comprehensive list of options.
Is there an option for that or can I maybe do it in another way?

Regards,
Dick

Post a reply to this message

> I start POV Ray from another program and I would like to get a message/warning
> when the render is done.
> I would like to set a command line option for that if it exists, but I can't
> find a comprehensive list of options.
> Is there an option for that or can I maybe do it in another way?

In the Render Menu, you can find a section "On Completion". With options
for: Do nothin, Message and exit PovRay.
The section Sound Settings lets you pick a wav file on completion.

I hope this helps.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> In the Render Menu, you can find a section "On Completion". With options
> for: Do nothin, Message and exit PovRay.
> The section Sound Settings lets you pick a wav file on completion.
>
> I hope this helps.
>

> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

Thanks Stephen!

Post a reply to this message

> I start POV Ray from another program and I would like to get a message/warning
> when the render is done.
> I would like to set a command line option for that if it exists, but I can't
> find a comprehensive list of options.
> Is there an option for that or can I maybe do it in another way?
>
> Regards,
> Dick

Shellout.  Call a program and you can manage your own message/warning.
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.0/221/

Post a reply to this message

Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> Shellout.  Call a program and you can manage your own message/warning.
> http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.0/221/

Interesting.
Thanks!