POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hi, I Just put my old POV-Ray works online. Server Time
15 May 2024 14:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Hi, I Just put my old POV-Ray works online. (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Michael Scharrer
Subject: Hi, I Just put my old POV-Ray works online.
Date: 20 Aug 2015 12:30:01
Message: <web.55d6001577251d07f398fffc0@news.povray.org>
Let me know what you think. I'm looking for feedback.

Link: https://mscharrer.net/povray/

Michael Scharrer

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Hi, I Just put my old POV-Ray works online.
Date: 20 Aug 2015 12:47:34
Message: <55d604a6$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/20/2015 5:28 PM, Michael Scharrer wrote:
> Let me know what you think. I'm looking for feedback.
>
> Link: https://mscharrer.net/povray/
>
> Michael Scharrer

I think that they are very good. Very, very good.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Date: 20 Aug 2015 13:55:00
Message: <web.55d6145a183bc4477a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"Michael Scharrer" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Let me know what you think. I'm looking for feedback.
>
> Link: https://mscharrer.net/povray/
>
> Michael Scharrer

Me, to the author of the alternative exporter (Blender - Povray) it is very
interesting!
I loaded all files for studying.
Huge to you thanks!

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Date: 20 Aug 2015 16:22:23
Message: <55d636ff$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/20/2015 12:28 PM, Michael Scharrer wrote:
> Let me know what you think. I'm looking for feedback.
>
> Link: https://mscharrer.net/povray/
>
> Michael Scharrer

I like the energy pulse especially.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 20 Aug 2015 22:50:43
Message: <55d69203@news.povray.org>
Am 20.08.2015 um 22:22 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> On 8/20/2015 12:28 PM, Michael Scharrer wrote:
>> Let me know what you think. I'm looking for feedback.
>>
>> Link: https://mscharrer.net/povray/
>>
>> Michael Scharrer
>>

> I like the energy pulse especially.

Liquid fire for me, please. It may be rather simple technically, but I
love scenes dominated by blackbody radiation colour gradients.

Post a reply to this message

From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 20 Aug 2015 23:59:56
Message: <op.x3o9d0y3ufxv4h@xena>
On Thu, 20 Aug 2015 18:28:16 +0200, Michael Scharrer <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Let me know what you think. I'm looking for feedback.
>
> Link: https://mscharrer.net/povray/
>
> Michael Scharrer

Do the trees use an L-System?

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: Michael Scharrer
Date: 21 Aug 2015 02:55:00
Message: <web.55d6ca9c183bc447f398fffc0@news.povray.org>
"Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Aug 2015 18:28:16 +0200, Michael Scharrer <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
> > Let me know what you think. I'm looking for feedback.
> >
> > Link: https://mscharrer.net/povray/
> >
> > Michael Scharrer
> >

> Do the trees use an L-System?
>
> --
> -Nekar Xenos-

Not intentionally. Some of these scenes are very old and when I created them I
didn't even know what an L-System is. I'd have to check the source file myself.

Michael Scharrer, https://mscharrer.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Aug 2015 03:06:57
Message: <55d6ce11$1@news.povray.org>
On 20-8-2015 22:22, Mike Horvath wrote:
> I like the energy pulse especially.

Yes, that too is my favourite.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Date: 21 Aug 2015 12:15:01
Message: <web.55d74e6f183bc4477a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Nuclear Containment is most interesting.
I long thought as to create the plowed field.
In my opinion, there is an answer. :)

Post a reply to this message

From: MichaelJF
Date: 21 Aug 2015 14:10:00
Message: <web.55d768e8183bc447918426280@news.povray.org>
"Michael Scharrer" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 Aug 2015 18:28:16 +0200, Michael Scharrer <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> >
> > > Let me know what you think. I'm looking for feedback.
> > >
> > > Link: https://mscharrer.net/povray/
> > >
> > > Michael Scharrer
> > >

> > Do the trees use an L-System?
> >
> > --
> > -Nekar Xenos-
>
> Not intentionally. Some of these scenes are very old and when I created them I
> didn't even know what an L-System is. I'd have to check the source file myself.
>

> Michael Scharrer, https://mscharrer.net

First: Very nice images indeed and many thanks to include the sources to further
studies.

I studied "Tree of Squares" for the question of L-Systems only. There are no
L-Systems involved here. I'm sure the recursion used here can be implemented
with a L-System but in this case it is done directly and not using rules, axioms
and all the other L_System stuff.

Best regards,
Michael