POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Annoying flashing when on pause, how to stop it? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 12:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  Annoying flashing when on pause, how to stop it? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: ESChapin
Subject: Annoying flashing when on pause, how to stop it?
Date: 18 Jul 2014 01:40:01
Message: <web.53c8b2a9b61898bf60dc5d6c0@news.povray.org>
Windows 8.1 if I need to pause POV-Ray for some reason, such as to log on to an
MMORPG real quick to help someone POV-Ray flashes every few seconds. It's like
the attention getting error type flashes but there is no error other than on
pause. Even if I make POV-Ray the front application, it still flashes every few
seconds.

How do I stop it? It gets annoying after a few minutes of non stop flashing
every few seconds. Yet I can't un-pause it while running games because it makes
some games run at crawl pace. I've tried that once on an emergency raid, and
ill-timed lag caused me to miss a few important heals which resulted in 30 dead
players. :( (I blamed my cat for that wipe in raid channel)

Post a reply to this message

> Windows 8.1 if I need to pause POV-Ray for some reason, such as to log on to an
> MMORPG real quick to help someone POV-Ray flashes every few seconds. It's like
> the attention getting error type flashes but there is no error other than on
> pause. Even if I make POV-Ray the front application, it still flashes every few
> seconds.
>
> How do I stop it? It gets annoying after a few minutes of non stop flashing
> every few seconds. Yet I can't un-pause it while running games because it makes
> some games run at crawl pace. I've tried that once on an emergency raid, and
> ill-timed lag caused me to miss a few important heals which resulted in 30 dead
> players. :( (I blamed my cat for that wipe in raid channel)

Send POVWIN to the system tray using the 'Tray' button in the toolbar.

Post a reply to this message

> > Windows 8.1 if I need to pause POV-Ray for some reason, such as to log on to an
> > MMORPG real quick to help someone POV-Ray flashes every few seconds. It's like
> > the attention getting error type flashes but there is no error other than on
> > pause. Even if I make POV-Ray the front application, it still flashes every few
> > seconds.
> >
> > How do I stop it? It gets annoying after a few minutes of non stop flashing
> > every few seconds. Yet I can't un-pause it while running games because it makes
> > some games run at crawl pace. I've tried that once on an emergency raid, and
> > ill-timed lag caused me to miss a few important heals which resulted in 30 dead
> > players. :( (I blamed my cat for that wipe in raid channel)
>
> Send POVWIN to the system tray using the 'Tray' button in the toolbar.

TY!!