POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : vrml to POV-ray Server Time
5 Jul 2024 12:04:04 EDT (-0400)
  vrml to POV-ray (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: bakom
Subject: vrml to POV-ray
Date: 24 Jun 2014 05:40:01
Message: <web.53a946eba5fb5428977d2fad0@news.povray.org>
I am converting vrml file to POV-ray file by using vrml2pov. It is converted.
But png file show half part of my model. I think I have to set some parameters
to place my models at my required place. How to do that?
My vrml file is on http://pastebin.com/xB6kLXD9 and pov file after converting
from vrml is on http://pastebin.com/jFTbhBbM
My model shown as http://picpaste.com/block-hR4Sdu7C.png

Post a reply to this message

> I am converting vrml file to POV-ray file by using vrml2pov. It is converted.
> But png file show half part of my model. I think I have to set some parameters
> to place my models at my required place. How to do that?
> My vrml file is on http://pastebin.com/xB6kLXD9 and pov file after converting
> from vrml is on http://pastebin.com/jFTbhBbM
> My model shown as http://picpaste.com/block-hR4Sdu7C.png

Presently, you are using this camera:
camera {
   location <0,0,10>
   look_at <0,0,0>
   direction <0,0,-1>
   sky <0,1,0>
   up <0,1,0>
   right <4/3,0,0>
   angle 45
}
whitch is a default perspective camera. It only show a relatively small
portion of your VRML original scene.

Try using this one:
camera {
ultrawhide_angle
   location <0,0,10>
   look_at <0,0,0>
   direction <0,0,-1>
   sky <0,1,0>
   up <0,1,0>
   right <2,0,0>
   angle 360
}
and render your imahe with a 2:1 aspect ratio like:
+h500 +w1000

The result will show the totality of whatever is viewable from the
camera's location. The zenit will be at the top of the image (latitude

behind the camera.
If you map the result onto a sphere as an image_map with map_type 1, the
image will exactly cover the sphere seamlessly.

Alain