POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where to put initialisation code? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 13:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Where to put initialisation code? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: pbrants
Subject: Where to put initialisation code?
Date: 14 Apr 2014 12:50:01
Message: <web.534c109829bb6ea84e8159130@news.povray.org>
As the word says, initialisation instructions should be running just ONCE before
the calculation of an animation should start. If I put these instructions in the
POV-file which is to be animated with the INI-file and clock-variable, then they
are executed with each change of the clock. How can I prevent this happening?

Paul

Post a reply to this message

Le 14/04/2014 18:46, pbrants nous fit lire :
> As the word says, initialisation instructions should be running just ONCE before
> the calculation of an animation should start. If I put these instructions in the
> POV-file which is to be animated with the INI-file and clock-variable, then they
> are executed with each change of the clock. How can I prevent this happening?

use a condition on clock or frame_number.

something like:

#if (clock <= 0)
#else
#end

Post a reply to this message

> Le 14/04/2014 18:46, pbrants nous fit lire :
>> As the word says, initialisation instructions should be running just ONCE
>> before the calculation of an animation should start. If I put these
>> instructions in the POV-file which is to be animated with the INI-file
>> and clock-variable, then they are executed with each change of the clock.
>> How can I prevent this happening?
>>

> use a condition on clock or frame_number.
>
> something like:
>
> #if (clock <= 0)
> #else
> #end

All init stuff is lost at the start of the second frame unless it's written to a file.
At the start of any frame povray has no knowledge of what happened in the previous
frame unless stored.
So I would alter the example into

#if (clock <= 0)
  init your stuff