POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : luminance Server Time
8 Jul 2024 13:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  luminance (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: CAS
Subject: luminance
Date: 13 Apr 2014 21:45:00
Message: <web.534b3d0ee9ad988e6a92a3a00@news.povray.org>
My goal is getting luminance of final pixels.I have set the output openexr.I
have converted the irradiance to illumiance as the lightsource input,my code is
as below:

#version 3.7;
global_settings{ assumed_gamma 1.0 }
#include "spectral.inc"
#declare SpectralWavelength =700;

camera
{
angle  7.54371
location <camera_x,camera_y,camera_z >
look_at <0,0,0>
rotate <0,-31,0>
right x
up y
}

light_source {<sun_x,sun_y,sun_z>
             SpectralEmission(3.99750132) //convert irradince to illuminance as
input
             }

sphere
    {
      <x1-center_x,y1-center_y,z1-center_z>,
      1.55
       finish {
                 ambient 0
                 emission 0
                 specular ref
               }
      }
I have read the openexr resorce code .It says the y channel represents luminance
,how can I set in pov ?Beg a hot!

Post a reply to this message

> My goal is getting luminance of final pixels.I have set the output openexr.I
> have converted the irradiance to illumiance as the lightsource input,my code is
> as below:
>
> #version 3.7;
> global_settings{ assumed_gamma 1.0 }
> #include "spectral.inc"
> #declare SpectralWavelength =700;
>
> camera
> {
> angle  7.54371
> location <camera_x,camera_y,camera_z >
> look_at <0,0,0>
> rotate <0,-31,0>
> right x
> up y
> }
>
> light_source {<sun_x,sun_y,sun_z>
>               SpectralEmission(3.99750132) //convert irradince to illuminance as
> input
>               }
>
> sphere
>      {
>        <x1-center_x,y1-center_y,z1-center_z>,
>        1.55
>         finish {
>                   ambient 0
>                   emission 0
>                   specular ref
>                 }
>        }
> I have read the openexr resorce code .It says the y channel represents luminance
> ,how can I set in pov ?Beg a hot!

What does the X and Z channels represent? Hue and saturation?
If that's the case, it's a hue, luminance, saturation (HLS) colour
space. The conversion from RGB should be done automaticaly. Thus, you
have nothing special to do.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> > My goal is getting luminance of final pixels.I have set the output openexr.I
> > have converted the irradiance to illumiance as the lightsource input,my code is
> > as below:
> >
> > #version 3.7;
> > global_settings{ assumed_gamma 1.0 }
> > #include "spectral.inc"
> > #declare SpectralWavelength =700;
> >
> > camera
> > {
> > angle  7.54371
> > location <camera_x,camera_y,camera_z >
> > look_at <0,0,0>
> > rotate <0,-31,0>
> > right x
> > up y
> > }
> >
> > light_source {<sun_x,sun_y,sun_z>
> >               SpectralEmission(3.99750132) //convert irradince to illuminance as
> > input
> >               }
> >
> > sphere
> >      {
> >        <x1-center_x,y1-center_y,z1-center_z>,
> >        1.55
> >         finish {
> >                   ambient 0
> >                   emission 0
> >                   specular ref
> >                 }
> >        }
> > I have read the openexr resorce code .It says the y channel represents luminance
> > ,how can I set in pov ?Beg a hot!
> >

> What does the X and Z channels represent? Hue and saturation?
> If that's the case, it's a hue, luminance, saturation (HLS) colour
> space. The conversion from RGB should be done automaticaly. Thus, you
> have nothing special to do.
>

> Alain

You are a hot person,can I consult your email ?I want to send you my image and
beg you have a look.