POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hdr Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:02:35 EDT (-0400)
  hdr (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: CAS
Subject: hdr
Date: 19 Mar 2014 04:55:00
Message: <web.53295ac961ffd396a92a3a00@news.povray.org>
I have set the output file type *.hdr. I know the hdr image having illumination
information.But I have a confustion why the values of hdr image are smaller than
the real reflection values.I have wrote them as below:The first column is the
value of each pixel in hdr.image.The second column is the value of each pixel in
reflection image.The value of each pixel in hdr image is 10 times smaller than
the value of each pixel in real reflection image.But the trend of these two
columns are the same.My aim is to simulating reflecion image.that is to say the
value of each pixel of simulated is the same as the real reflection.I have
checked my code.
        0.021973        0.220900
        0.037354        0.375800
        0.037354        0.375800
        0.034424        0.346500
        0.027710        0.277700
        0.035400        0.355800
        0.039551        0.396900
        0.043945        0.441800
        0.044189        0.442800
        0.038086        0.382300
        0.043457        0.435400
        0.045410        0.456100
I find something wrong may be them:
1:"light_source {<sun_x,sun_y,sun_z>
            color rgb 1.08927 }"this is my code in pov to describe the
light_source.I know solar irradiance in 817nm is 1.08927 W/m2/nm.then I convert
XYZ=(3.815429E-06,1.523114E-06,0.000000E+00) in 815nm to linear RGB.So I reset
my statement: "light_source {<sun_x,sun_y,sun_z>
            color rgb <1.00229e-005,3.46021e-006,-5.65828e-007>}" I find these
values are very small,determining my value of pixel in hdr image so samll.But I
have converted as forlum,I doublt this maybe a little wrong.
2:"sphere
        {
         <x1-center_x,y1-center_y,z1-center_z>,
         1.55
        pigment {color rgb spectral}

of a lot of float values saved in ref-txt to describe the reflection of each
sphere. color rgb is color ,spectral is reflection,maybe I couldnot define as
"pigment {color rgb spectral}"But I donot know how to define,my aim is to give
each reflection to spere,then tell pov to render.
Beg a hot to help me.greate gratitudes!