POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Time for new benchmark scene(s)? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:15:21 EDT (-0400)
  Time for new benchmark scene(s)? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: jhu
Subject: Time for new benchmark scene(s)?
Date: 16 Mar 2014 22:25:00
Message: <web.53265c857def85a9d19b0ec40@news.povray.org>
The current scene doesn't include radiosity, sslt, or focal blur. Perhaps a
second benchmark scene can be made to incorporate these renderer features too.

This came up when I was comparing gcc to llvm performance. The gcc binary was
faster on the benchmark scene. However I then tested both binaries on a current
scene I'm working that has sslt, focal blur, and radiosity and the llvm binary
turned out to be the faster one.