POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Intel PHI and POVray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:42 EDT (-0400)
  Intel PHI and POVray (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Mark
Subject: Intel PHI and POVray
Date: 12 Sep 2013 18:30:01
Message: <web.52323f848e0753c163be073d0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

has anyone gotten POVray to run while using an Intel PHI card?

I have 8 Phis that i'd like to run as a demo for an upcoming computer show in
November of this year.

i think that POV running 500 cores would be a nice show stopper for people
walking by the booth.

please contact me if you'd like to help me out.

thanks!
Mark
mar### [at] cirrascalecom
http://www.cirrascale.com/solutions_intelxeonphi.aspx  <link to the server I
have.
760-212-nine59five

Post a reply to this message

> I have 8 Phis that i'd like to run as a demo for an upcoming computer show in
> November of this year.
>
> i think that POV running 500 cores would be a nice show stopper for people
> walking by the booth.
>
> please contact me if you'd like to help me out.

This sounds interesting. I've not studied the Phi so can't say what
sort of effort is required to for POV-Ray to take advantage of it.

I'll drop you an email.

-- Chris