POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Excluding planes from textures? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Excluding planes from textures? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Marco Bernardini
Subject: Excluding planes from textures?
Date: 30 Jul 2013 12:55:01
Message: <web.51f7ef2761f431b63495bd7c0@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I made a heightfield using just plain surfaces, with a sort of "urban" look: I
posted the WIP image in the images group:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.51f7eaa68a30b87e3495bd7c0%40news.povray.org%3E/

Now I want to give a texture just to the surfaces not parallel to the x and z
axes, like "roofs", and a different one to "walls".
I can't use a gradient x and z texture map since the vertical surfaces are in
many different places.
Another problem is the slope of the roofs: the "not totally y" planes usually
interact with the x and z components.
I've unsuccessfully tried everything I've found on the net.
Is it possible to achieve this?

Thanks!

Marco Bernardini

Post a reply to this message

Am 30.07.2013 18:51, schrieb Marco Bernardini:
> Hello,
> I made a heightfield using just plain surfaces, with a sort of "urban" look: I
> posted the WIP image in the images group:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.51f7eaa68a30b87e3495bd7c0%40news.povray.org%3E/

> Now I want to give a texture just to the surfaces not parallel to the x and z
> axes, like "roofs", and a different one to "walls".
> I can't use a gradient x and z texture map since the vertical surfaces are in
> many different places.
> Another problem is the slope of the roofs: the "not totally y" planes usually
> interact with the x and z components.
> I've unsuccessfully tried everything I've found on the net.
> Is it possible to achieve this?

The "slope" pattern, maybe?